Sunday, January 18, 2009

What An Imagination !

2 Corth. 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I am humbled by the Holy Spirit's correcting me , and also blessed. He is at work in my life and by yielding to His power I can witness another big chunk of carnal flesh being taken out of me.

Thankfully I receive His forgiveness. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When I asked Him about the root cause for my imagination to get so carried away this is what came up . bigotry ... racism ... Ugly words , the kind of things that would hinder the divine love of Jesus Christ to flow through me. I just remembered here are a few more , judgemental ... critical ...

Just why I have such a problem with these things in my life I think has to do with my need to forgive others for those same things.

My path to cleansing from these sins involves being forgiven , first. Now I know better than to dwell on my sins and try to clean myself up before I receive forgiveness. Every time I receive forgiveness , just because Jesus gave it to me , helps me to turn and forgive others , just because He wants me to .

My joy is in the salvation He so freely gives me and my hope is for a righteousness that He also gives me and my faith is in His ability to bring me to perfection .

No comments:

Post a Comment