Saturday, January 24, 2009

Works and Faith and Fruit

The fruit of the spirit described here in
Gal. 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
and
Eph. 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

I see as one fruit.
If the Spirit is the seed then how could there be but one fruit ? ( This point is important to me because I use to be one of those people who separated their food. None could touch.)

Will the fruit will come , regardless of what you do to the garden ?

What I want to stay aware of is "Who" brings the increase .

If I was to plow up my fallow ground , rejoice when I heard the word and then forget it , I would be wasting my time .

If I was to invite the Holy Spirit to lead me when I sing praises to the LORD , but then turn away and say , "the Holy Spirit can not give me power," I would be as someone putting up an umbrella over a plant that needed rain.

I think this line of thought is the result of my reading Song of Solomon . I asked the Spirit what the verse about tending another's vineyard meant. I am thinking that when we are helping another to plow up their fallow ground or encouraging another to let the Holy Spirit flow freely in their life , maybe you are over in their vineyard. Only I have found the more I help others the more my vineyard flourishes .

No comments:

Post a Comment