Thursday, January 22, 2009

In His Image

TRUTH..........This one word describes a most valuable jewel. Not only when God gives this to me. When I give it to Him.

Now if my heart was a deep velvet bag that I held jewels in , I would think He would only want me to bring out the jewels that describe how much I love Him.
Other jewels of how I believe Him to be Who He says He is.
Some jewels that tell of how I long to know Him more.
He does in fact enjoy those jewels .

Sometimes when I am reaching down into my velvet bag I feel like what to me would be an ugly hunk of coal. I try to lay it aside and bring out another jewel . Only when I know in my heart He is saying , "give me ALL that you have," do I feel it safe to bring out what I suppose would be ugly rocks.

Yet, I do not sense His rejection . In fact, I know He knew they were in the bag all along. He is pleased that I am willing to give Him , TRUTH in the inward parts. This truth is a jewel to Him also.

Ps.51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden [part] thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

I think about how I am trying to make myself an image .

When I am thinking this part is well hidden , I have done nothing but create an image, an idol , of myself , that I think God will be pleased with.

When I am ready to let that truth be known , the idol of myself comes down.

Then it is just me.
Just me that can now be formed into His image , because I just took my hands off.

Is 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Is.28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment