Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Look At The Birds

My sweet daughter made an astute observation the other day.
While speaking about God , she said, "He did such a good job making us human."

He did , He did a great job of making us human and went to great lengths to convince us that we could be set free from all human bondage. Main thing He wants me to remember is that He cares about me , in my human state , and is cheering for me as I run this race to glorify Him.

While my favorite author Hannah Hurnard compares spiritual growth to that of a hind, (a kind of deer) I wonder if God's final metaphorical animal for us would be a bird.

Matt. 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

I will live this day remembering that I am of more value than the birds , and Jesus certainly does care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment