Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Letting Go

Matt. 11:29-30 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

In case you haven't noticed , I am the kind of person who believes that miracles happen !
So when I see a mountain that needs to be removed , I don't just walk around it , I stand and talk to that mountain for awhile. Actually I start the conversation with God first , telling Him about the mountain and try to listen for His words that might have an significance about the mountain I want removed.

First of all, am I right about wanting the mountain to go ? Or have I a secret selfish desire ?
Those are the kind of questions I ask , and I love the answers.
Truth in the inward parts are more precious than gold to me.
When Jesus gave us the spirit of truth He gave us the best part of Himself to share with us.

His Word tells me to take His yoke upon me . By learning of Him I see that it was to always do the will of His Father . I do not have to lose sleep about this mountain moving out of the way and into the sea. While I am seeking to do the will of my Heavenly Father , His plan of moving the mountain will show itself in time.

I will not let this desire to see this mountain move , be my yoke. I will take Jesus' yoke upon me, learn of Him and find rest for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment