Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Attending Unto His Words

The Holy Bible is such a benefit to me. I can read of numerous stories of people involved with my spiritual inheritance. Only the Holy Spirit can truly make sense of the messages for me. What may apply to my story may not apply to another so I hesitate at times to make public my word of testimony.
Yet I have this watch before me , that I live under the blood of the Lamb, that I live by the word of my testimony, and that I love not my life even unto death.
By publishing my word of testimony each day I am reminded through out the day of what I said.
Sometimes I read back over them and I am encouraged as I am reminded of the Lord's faithfulness to me.
When I read the word of testimony other saints have shared I am encouraged. This also helps motivate me to attend unto God's word and share my bread with others.

Yesterday I talked about David and his experience with Goliath. I think that David saw Goliath much the same way he saw the lion and the bear that had come after his sheep. So it was not to much of a stretch of his imagination to see himself being used to defeat Goliath. However, later when he was taken in to Saul's house another kind of battle confronted him. There were no book stores back then so he could pick up the latest edition on spiritual warfare.

Books and teachings on spiritual warfare can be helpful . When I am concerned about my health and so I read books about nutrition it is helpful. Having knowledge about things can be helpful .

I do not need knowledge today. I need the eyes of my heart to be opened. I need to see my situation with eyes that can see it as Jesus would.

The word of testimony I have for the Lord opening the eyes of my heart is found in Acts 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard [us]: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

May I worship God , may I hear others who speak truth in love, may the Lord open my heart , and ( when my heart has been opened ) may I attend unto their words.

No comments:

Post a Comment