Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What Follows the Signs ?

This my word of testimony : I do and will glorify God .

This word is hard for me . My flesh does resist it .

There is one person , (that I choose to talk about today) who got this right .

Luke 17:12-19 A story is recorded of ten lepers. The one leper who came back to Jesus , truly I place as my mentor today.

Here are some things that were said of him.
vs . 12 -13 He stood with his 9 friends afar off from Jesus. 9 friends who suffered the same disease. The 10 of them started calling out to Jesus to have mercy upon them.
vs 14 Jesus took notice of the 10 lepers and said, "Go show yourselves to the priest."
10 lepers , my mentor today and his 9 friends obeyed the LORD . They headed out to go and see the priest. While they were going they were healed. 9 kept on following the order. 9 did not even turn back now that they were healed. 9 kept on going to go and see the priest.
My mentor had sense enough to know when it is okay to break the rules.
My mentor also knew it was Jesus who had answered his cry for mercy. My mentor came back and thanked Him for His mercy. My mentor was able to glorify God.

In these verses , giving thanks to God and glorifying God seem to be used to mean the same thing. I need to say as part of my word of testimony , to glorify God means a lot more than just saying thank you.

The one you can force your lips to say. The other requires an active part of the Holy Spirit.
The words please the Lord . The actions please the Lord . The words and actions that come out of me that have been brought into existence by the power of the Holy Spirit , glorify His name.

May my desire to seek the Lord for words of praise and actions of glorifying Him be as strong as my desire to seek Him for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment