Tuesday, February 24, 2009

By Faith Not Sight

2 Cr 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2 Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I am still struggling with "what this looks like" vs. "trusting God , this is the way it is suppose to be."

One thing that is helping me right now is memories of a time when I thought I was making it "look like " it was really suppose to be. How I thank God for that strong angel He sent to pull the rug out from under my feet. I know that He also sent people into my life that wanted to learn the same thing I did .

Just how do you walk in the Spirit?

When I think I might be getting the hang of it , and then walk into a room of others who also claim to be doing it , my steady ground tips and I find myself reaching for support as I struggle to keep things "looking good."

This "trusting God " way is going to work though. It is going to work because it is the only thing that can work. As I was sliding and tipping the other day, I managed to say, "this is what I've been told to do. " To which the reply was some scripture out the Bible to indicate I might be mistaken. However , it looks to me that the LORD has said "yes" to what I had been told to do. I am reminded that this is how faith grows. It is a small beginning , a small door that I am grateful that the LORD opened for me , so I can do what I thought He said do. My ground seems steadier as I give this word of testimony.

Bless the LORD , oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment