Thursday, February 12, 2009

Testimony

This morning I am so grateful that others live a word of testimony. Today I read from a devotional titled Streams In The Desert , just what I needed to hear. Saints from another time and place have gone through the same deserts , valleys and mountains that I face on my journey. How I praise the LORD that taking the time to write out their word of testimony seemed profitable to them.

My own word of testimony comes from Romans 8:1 . As I started out my desert day yesterday I had no idea that about 2:00 p.m. I would slip and complain. In fact as I look at what I said, I realize that the enemy actually tricked me. He knew that Pride was still a companion of mine that of course I am trying to hide.

So when I became embarrassed by something I said, I tried to justify it . I tell this person who really does not need to know , that I am very lonely now that my schedule has been changed .
It was an effort to explain why I seemed so chatty. That is what I call conversation that doesn't seem to have any sense to it. First of all, he didn't even notice I was chatty because that is what most people do most of the time. It was Pride that goaded me into my explanation that was really complaining .

My sins are forgiven !!!! The pride sin. The complaining sin. The sin of really wishing there were no deserts on this journey !

All is forgiven , and there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. That is me. I am in Christ Jesus all the time. Last night at church my brother shared , the Lord is with you. He sure is. It is only my imagination that He runs off when I complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment