Monday, February 9, 2009

Life More Abundantly

1 Cor 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:

The Lord is talking in pictures ! He wanted to make sure everyone could understand ! When I began to follow Jesus as my shepherd one of the loudest enemies would shout , "Your mind doesn't work like the rest of the sheep. You'll never make it." The Lord taught me to speak back His words . Here is proof ! He laid His life down for the sheep and He became the Way, even for those who think pictures.

I know there is a scripture that talks of what we sow in tears , we will reap with joy.
My pastor's analogy of abundant life looks like a roller coaster, because he says life abundantly is full of ups and downs ! He is right and now I know how that lines up with the Word of God.

In order for there to be more life , there needs to be more dying to self. Just to go through the ups and downs any ol' way your flesh can manage to do it, will not bring death to self that life may abound.

Living a word of testimony will bring forth that life ! As I let that word bring death to my old way of doing , by the power of the Holy Spirit , a new life begins to take root and form all through out me. Suddenly taking note of the scripture that says , "Know ye not you are a temple for the Holy Ghost ," has new meaning. I now have a new word for the enemy when he says, "What is wrong with you ? Why don't you take better care of your temple ?"

It is the temple for the Holy Ghost ! There is a whole lot of living and dying going on in here !
You better believe it !

No comments:

Post a Comment