Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Only My Thoughts Are Captive

Because I think pictures , I see my thoughts. They run around like goats getting into all kinds of trouble until I step in and start the count. (Short for accountability.)
As I count them I say, "Are you in obedience to Christ ?" Some say , "no , " and run away. Some say, "no , but I want to." Some say, "yes, remember you and I found this thought in the Bible. "

I love allegory but it is not a true word of testimony , so I better get back to my task at hand.
My struggle is with the spirit of control. So maybe lining my thoughts up and bringing them into captivity to the obedience of Christ , appeals to my carnal flesh.
I think it's fun that our Saviour made the way so easy , yet so hard. You can not get in using your flesh , but you must acknowledge the Adamic nature you were born with and somehow , love the part of it that would have been there had Adam not sinned.
Then you have to love it , not so much, that you would put it's life above dying for the Truth.

The enemy does not want this to happen. The battle in my mind is just a reminder that there was a day that I did not know Who Jesus is. Those thoughts that were born from everything that was not from Jesus have to be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

This transformation is a miracle.

The only part I get any credit for is to say, "Yes," to the process. I receive joy from the Holy Spirit for those thoughts renewed. I still wrestle with those other thoughts , but on most days I can look at what the LORD has done , and enter into the joy of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment