Friday, February 13, 2009

One Accord

Acts 5:12 - 14 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

My word of testimony today : I am in one accord and waiting on the LORD.

I know Jesus faced the same temptations that I face . When the devil tempted Him ( Luke 4:5-8) this could of been a bargain for popularity. Jesus was strong and spoke out "It is written thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and Him only shalt thou serve. "

Jesus was in one accord with the will of His Heavenly Father. His prayer meetings didn't have any more people than just Him self . Luke 22:39-46
Here are parts of the story:
verse 40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. Here again in verse 46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

I envision days like they had in Acts 5:12-14 in 2009. A group of people in one accord would be a group of people who could stand and wait on the Lord alone if that was all who showed up , or could stay awake.

So I think the plan must be that I continue to do as I have been doing . Some days I am so blessed to find that I do not stand alone. Some days I think I must only be alone, because I have not given a proper invitation to the prayer meeting. Some days I wonder how the invitation could have gotten so distorted that the people who are praying beside me would think that it is okay to do what they are doing. On those days I must not give place to the devil and accept a place of popularity just for the sake of keeping a group together.

Lord, help me stand in one accord with the will of Our Father in Heaven today. Above all Lord, if I speak , may it be the truth in LOVE. I am not planning on speaking though. I am planning on standing.

I stand in one accord.

No comments:

Post a Comment