Thursday, February 19, 2009

The idol and gods of what I want

Dan 3:17-18 If it be [so], our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver [us] out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

One of things that I really enjoy about serving Jesus is that I need Him. It is impossible for me to serve Him in my strength, in my understanding and with my carnal heart. The spirit of power, sound mind and love that the LORD gives me , makes it possible to serve Him ONLY.

He is the LORD Who heals me , but I do not want the gift of healing that I expect Him to give to be my god. I want to follow the Hebrew children's example and serve no other gods nor have an idol stuck around some place that I worship.

I want to without depending on the healing , go ahead and serve the true and living God today.
If I find at the end of this day , I am healed , I will probably sing a song of praise to Him , just as I am told the Hebrew children did in the furnace that did not burn them up. However, if I am not healed I pray that the LORD will let it be known unto if I was successful in my quest to walk in this word of testimony today.

As I was meditating on my desire to be healed today I also thought of other desires that I have.
Desires for my children and people whom I love very much.
There is no doubt , the God I serve can do great and mighty things for them , and I ask Him to.
Still I must choose to not serve other gods nor worship idols regardless of what it looks like God is going to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment