Monday, February 23, 2009

Looking Good or Not

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Gal 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

My heart is filled with gratitude for the labor of other folks who have shared the word of their testimony. Without their seeds of faith my own garden would look pretty bare. I am especially grateful to the authors of Truefaced Experience . Also my two friends who set aside some time during one summer to go through the study book with me. In open discussion we were allowed to formulate our own words of testimony . Those very important words are helping me today.

Among the adversaries against my walking with Jesus loom the giants of the flesh. Their tauts range from "you can't walk in the spirit" to "you are not going to look good , now" .
I think my two words of testimony are fitting today because I choose not to walk in unbelief and I choose not to fulfil the lusts of the flesh. I choose to walk in faith , I choose to walk in the spirit.

So the faith I have may be as little as a grain of mustard seed. The success rate I have for walking in the spirit might be compared to a twelve month old baby just learning to walk. Take a step or two and fall down, take a step or two and fall down. So I may not look good. In fact I may look worse tomorrow than I look today. Not too many babies try to learn to walk and keep on looking good.

I just remembered something about myself, that my mom told me. She said that instead of crawling I would scoot around in an upright position , using my hands to move me around. Oh, get this, I would tilt the fingers up and press with the palm and wrist , but every push , I would stop and wipe off the dirt from my hands , then push to go on.

So my fleshly obsession for looking good and clean started back before I could even walk. How about that. You know maybe it is a good thing I don't care if I don't look good today.

Walking in the spirit requires an abandon to doing God's will regardless of how I will look while trying to do it. Entering in to a sabbath rest must require faith and an ability to walk in the spirit.

Bless the LORD oh my soul, stop worrying about getting dirty !

No comments:

Post a Comment