Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Inward Man Is Renewed Day by Day

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Corth 4:16 - 18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

When Paul speaks of himself I believe he is saying ,"this is the Way it is for me , if you follow in the Way as I do , this is the way it is for you. "
So my inward man is being renewed day by day, if for which cause I faint not.

I am trying to remember if I ever have actually fainted, physically I am now speaking about.
I am told that you have warning signs before a black out. You should put your head down between your knees if you have these signs. I have done that a few times.

My inward man can faint or Paul would not of pointed out that he faints not. I think I know what to do when about to faint spiritually. First I need to stop rebuking myself for feeling faint.

I wonder how many times I have missed out on following the Way , just because I decided I wasn't doing a good job of it. I may feel faint today but the total black out has not come. My hope in Jesus' love revives me. He is not sending me back to the house. I can stay with Him in the Way. As soon as I have recovered I will look a little better at the "for which cause " Paul did faint not , about.

No comments:

Post a Comment