Thursday, February 26, 2009

Will I Sin Anyway ?

Not sinning is a big deal to me. It shouldn't happen. I do not want it to happen. I guess I don't like sin. Yet , I am a sinner. Oh yes, I sin. Fortunately for me , the Holy Spirit only convicts me of the sins our Father in heaven wants Him to. Now I enjoy grace. Oh yes, I enjoy grace. Grace for all my sins , I am most grateful for grace.

There are a few things I can expect when I walk in the Spirit. To be sure the Spirit is going to lead me to give. The Spirit is going to lead me to worship the Lord our God. The Spirit is going to lead me to read and meditate upon His Word. The Spirit is going to convict me of sin.

I get to choose if I want to follow the Spirit. I can follow the Spirit because Romans 8 says I can.
So I choose to follow .

I always like to do well. As I said, I don't like sin. I have a history of , well, sinning.
I can tell you of some most amazing things God has done for me , and quicker than the deed had been done , I sinned.

The word of my testimony today is Matt 19:26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men [it is] impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Two times the story of the rich young ruler is recorded. According to the scriptures , Jesus had said, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. " Then the disciples said, "who then can be saved ?" and that is when Jesus told them , " with God , all things are possible."

I feel like a camel that has tried to go through the eye of a needle a few times and got stuck. I woke up the other day and realized if I want to help others I can not continue to sleep here in the gate, stuck. Just a side note for my readers, the eye of the needle refers to a small entrance into the city that required camels to have their burdens and whatever on their backs taken off. Then the camels were to kneel and as I understand it , they crawled or scooted along on their knees through the gate.

With God , all things are possible. Who then can be saved ? they asked . Do you think in their Jewish up bringing they had forgotten that you were not suppose to sin ? Of course not.

A miracle may happen , a miracle might not happen. I might sin if a miracle happens . I might sin if a miracle does not happen.

The greatest miracle of all time has already happened.
That is , that I am saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment