Monday, February 16, 2009

Though There be Giants in the Land, I will NOT be Afraid

My word of testimony today : be as David .
David also was one who found pleasure in giving his word of testimony.
I would like to re-cap for myself some other attributes that I find in David's story.

This part of his story is found in 1 Sam 17:1-58 . Parts of this story reveal so much about David.
When he heard the tauts of the giant he went around commenting on the uncircumcised Philistine's words. It was obvious that David knew something that the Philistine didn't . When David tried to point that out to his fellow Israelites , circumcised chosen of God people , they were not impressed. In fact with one accord , they tried to make sure David understood the situation from their perspective.
However, their one accord of unbelief , did not hinder David's desire to be all that God had called him to be. He had fought a lion and he had fought a bear. He had found the strength and favor of the Lord to be with him then and he rightly assumed that His favor would be with him now.

I have something better than a sling shot . I have the sword of the Spirit . I need not be afraid.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment