Friday, March 13, 2009

Coming to Myself

Later on I want to talk about the inheritance I have.
Today I want to talk about coming to myself.

Luke 15: 17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

I believe Romans 8 , all of it . I believe that I do not have to follow my flesh. That the Spirit of Jesus Christ dwells within me giving me the power to choose to follow the Spirit rather than my flesh.

Coming to myself , means waking up and realizing the way home to the Father . It means not listening to my flesh with it's advice about how I can make myself worthy to speak to Him. It means letting the Spirit wake me up .

My carnal nature is drawn to religion . I have sought the LORD to remove it from me. Over and over I see His answer is not just one quick deliverance. It is a waking , then a cutting, then a healing , then a choice to follow a different path than the one I followed when living in the carnal Christian life style.

I want to wake up , fully.

I know how to follow the Spirit when I worship my God. I also know that my flesh can get involved with that worship . I also am learning how to stop that. It is by insisting that I only worship if led by the Spirit. So I want everything I do to be a worship and praise to Him.

Just like worshipping in song , I can begin with praise and thanksgiving . As I praise and thank Him I can ask the Spirit to give me the words and song Our King would want to hear. Or I can just keep on praising and thanking Him letting my mind and heart wonder . Before I know it I am thinking about my grocery list or what I am going to do next week.


My God bless me with the same awaking that the prodigal son had. May I fully come to myself and return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment