Monday, March 9, 2009

Do Overs With the Gift of Repentance

The Gift of Repentance could be a word of testimony by it's self. I was once a person who thought that God would only be pleased with my confession of sin if I promised not to do it again. That became more and more of a problem when I found that all I was doing was lieing to God. I could not stop sinning , to please Him. Even a word to my heart from Him , that He did not want me to be good , in my own strength , did not have an immediate effect on the way I interacted with God.

In time I learned that even repentance was a gift from Him and that for situations that were uncommon in my life , I might have to wait years before I would be able to use that gift .

The key to being able to use the gift of repentance is teachableness . Sometimes the word of testimony the Lord gives me has to do with building a foundation , a renewing of my mind , so that I won't sin. Sometimes I think that I should go looking for a word of testimony on my own. Like a detective I think my street savy will lead me just to the word I need for the day.

There are a couple of guys in the Bible that thought they were pretty smart too. Now I do not know a lot about the historical facts but I do know the Spirit , and the Spirit reminded me of these guys .

Lev 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

Num 3:4 And Nadab and Abihu died before the LORD, when they offered strange fire before the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children: and Eleazar and Ithamar ministered in the priest's office in the sight of Aaron their father.

From what I understand this place that Nadab and Abihu were suppose to perform their duty was in a very important place , right before the vail that [is] by the ark of the testimony, before the mercy seat that [is] over the testimony, where I will meet with thee. Ex 30:6

You know I did not mess with the scriptures this morning and change it up. I have always thought the ark of the covenant was called the ark of the covenant. I can only trust that God has something very special to lead me to as I meditate on these words of testimony today.

No comments:

Post a Comment