Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Haunt of Jackals

I truly think God is a God who gives second chances. I mean if I am sorry I took the boat to Tarsus instead of going to Niveah , He'll give me another opportunity to go to Niveah someday.
If I heard Him say, "go plow up your fallow ground,' but I said, "I'm to busy right now." He'll come back, He'll tell me again.
Some areas of fallow ground that He's told me to plow up have been neglected so long that I think jackals may have moved in. I wonder what He wants me to do about that.

In order for a word of testimony to be just that I want to not be so vague.
There is an area of my life style that I can not seem to clean up. It is just a habit , or an addiction , I am not sure that it matters if I have it labeled right.

It is not like I don't know what to do about it. It is like I don't want to do it.
When I speak of fallow ground I am speaking of my heart. When I am speaking of breaking up my fallow ground , I am speaking about praying .

Now my borders are huge. When I talk to other believers I can keep them talking about subjects that my fallow ground has not only been broke , but seeds have been planted , some are even bearing fruit and then more seeds.

Only it has occurred to me I need to stop that. I need to take them over to the ground that I can't seem to even get myself to pray about. Where jackals have moved in and I don't really know what to do about that.

The scripture that I found for jackals inhabiting a deserted place is Is 34:13 Thorns will come up in its fortified towers, Nettles and thistles in its fortified cities; It will also be a haunt of jackals {And} an abode of ostriches.

The scripture that would sound very encouraging to me that has jackals in it is Is 43:20 "The beasts of the field will glorify Me, The jackals and the ostriches, Because I have given waters in the wilderness And rivers in the desert, To give drink to My chosen people.

Now I have not read this in context so I have no idea if I can use this scripture as my word of testimony today. What I do know is that Jesus came and talked with a woman at a well one time. He told her if she would ask of Him water He would give her living water and she would thirst no more. I do know I can ask for living water today . I can hope that after I have drank of that water I will return to those areas in my life I am to pray about and start plowing up the fallow ground so His Word can be planted there.

If I want change , if I want a new nature in Christ Jesus , my mind has to be renewed.
The in Christ Jesus part can't be ignored or the renewing of my mind part can't be ignored.
May all that I do be a worship unto Him . May I worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment