Thursday, March 5, 2009

The God of Who?

I want to be sure I am following the right God. He is there for me to follow. He is there for me to know. He is there for me to be known by Him.

After listening to a review on The Shack , I wondered if I read this book , will I lose sight of the God I know. This book changed the perspective of the person giving the review. The Black Velvet Elvis has had the same effect on people. Pilgrim's Progress has probably helped shape my perspective of what God is like. As I read Timothy Stoner's The God Who Smokes , I kept saying in my heart , oh finally , someone who knows the God I know.

In the Old Testament I read a lot about the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.
In John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If I continue to seek to find the more perfect way, love truth more than anything, and accept the resurrection life Jesus has given me , I surely will come to know the right God.

No comments:

Post a Comment