Friday, March 20, 2009

The God I Serve

My word of testimony today Matt 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

This is day six and the allergy/cold symptoms are still upon me. When I started thinking about moving to Arizona to escape this pollen filled country something inside of me woke up.

I am to bring my thoughts captive and to the obedience of Christ . The Holy Spirit gave me a thought alert ! I have already had extended conversations about where I should live . The choice I made came with an assurance God would bless me. I do not have a marriage partner that I sometimes regret my choice , so I wonder if God hasn't seen fit to replace the lessons I could learn by giving me other circumstances.

As I began trying to bring my thoughts captive and to the obedience of Christ I remembered three guys who also found themselves in a very unpleasant circumstance. The fact that they had chosen to worship only one God and serve Him only , had brought them to a firey furnace that the king was about to throw them into. Their words to the king came to my thoughts as I pictured myself saying , " Oh king , I know the Lord Jesus Christ can heal me, but even if He don't I won't serve any other gods."

That is my picture , as in one I would paint and feel that it is I, lining up with God's word in the circumstances I am now in. Just how to make that picture be the exact copy of my life is for me and the Holy Spirit to work on.

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of the Lord.
I say what Jesus said ," Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. "

No comments:

Post a Comment