Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jesus said, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink."

John 7: 37-39

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.



My heart rejoices in the LORD's words for me today. I am being taught by the Spirit how to walk in and worship in Spirit and in Truth. "He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said," Jesus said . This tells me the Spirit and Truth have always wanted to be joined together within me. The enemy at the very beginning ( place : garden of Eden ) saw his best shot was to get man to question God's word. Get sided tracked as it were, "hath God said ?" Satan said to Eve.



Satan tried it again while tempting Jesus in the wilderness. He threw out scripture to Jesus hoping He would say yes to his desired application of it. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and led by the Spirit into the wilderness. The Holy Spirit gave right discernment for the use of each scripture and Jesus was not deceived into giving Satan power.



I am thankful for the help the Holy Spirit gives me today as I want to apply His Word to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment