Monday, March 23, 2009

The Nicest Thing I Could Say

Sunday at our monthly eat together in fellowship hall , I made a social blunder.
This is what I now call it. At first I was mortified. " Surely I am a simpleton ", I told the LORD.
The truth is I am not a simpleton. I am a person that is inclined to say what comes to my mind.
I was sitting across a young fellow and his bride to be. I love this guy and I wanted his bride to be to know something really awesome about him. I remembered back when my daughter really needed a job. He had asked me one Sunday if there was something he could pray for me about.
"Oh yes, " I said, "please pray that my daughter get a job."

Now a lot of people asked the LORD to help my daughter get a job . Maybe it was his prayer that pushed the petition up to the LORD in the most important thing to do today pile . Or maybe it was his desire to see me blessed and the LORD heard his prayer. Some people could question me , "why do you think his prayer was special ?" "I just know it was," would be my reply.

So since I have him connected to my daughter getting a job , this was the nicest thing I could say about him. To tell his bride to be that when he had prayed for my daughter to get a job , she did .

Oh, she probably didn't think twice about me saying that. Or maybe she thought what I was hoping she would think," what a wonderful caring young man has asked me to marry him. He cared enough to pray for this ladies daughter to get a job, and she did".

When what people think is so very important to me , it should be a red flag that warns me .
Who is my God ?

God is my God and what ever she might think is not a concern to me now. Being a simpleton is not a concern because I know that I am not one.

Simpletons are described in Proverbs as people who do not learn from instruction .

Now there are times when I wonder if people do think of me as "simple ". If they do I would tell them that I am a work in progress.

Ps 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

Ps 119:130 As your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them.

I don't mind if people realize God is doing a work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment