Saturday, March 28, 2009

He Came To Seek and Save the Lost

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This word of testimony is to encourage me . I've had a "what would Jesus do ?" question come up . I know that I am going to be around "people".
I want to have His heart and I want to do what He would do , as close as I can. Just how well I can do that will depend on just how much fruit of His Spirit is in me. I am glad when I have an opportunity to find out. Although I am almost always disappointed that more of His Spirit does not flow through me . I have learned to rejoice , as He does , in what fruit there is in me.

So yesterday I was a sheep and today I am a vineyard. Ha, ha, following Jesus has it's light moments. It is never is grin and bare it for me. I just don't feel Jesus' Spirit is there flowing through me when I do that. So I know that I am coming upon some new situations soon.
I don't want to go with out Jesus. Well, that won't happen because He will never leave us or forsake us. I don't want to go , quenching the Spirit. If I have a preconceived idea of this is what Jesus would do , and then the Spirit starts leading me another way, there will be a problem.
The fruit that is in this vineyard won't do any good if I have closed up the vineyard and said no trespassing.

So I am trying to think about this story that my word of testimony comes from. The people around Jesus were astonished that He went to have dinner with Zacchaeus . I don't want it to be beyond my comprehension if Jesus wants me to go have dinner with a sinner.

My heart is convicted for what a Pharisee I am at times. I've got Jesus so figured out I always think I'll know His next move. That is why He has started nudging me about "hearing His voice and following Him." You know cattle will go the same trail day after day when they are herded back to the barn from the pasture. I don't think the keeper lays this out for them , I think they just do it, instinctively. But I am not a cow. I am a sheep . I am looking at Jesus and how He was friends with sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment