Sunday, March 22, 2009

Open the Eyes of My Heart

My struggle is to stay awake ! My heart eyes have been opened . Finding the way in to my Father's arms requires a constant awakeness .
There is no auto pilot that I can click on . My flesh does try that kind of thing when it lures me into some kind of religious system . Then I fall back asleep and wonder what happened when I don't reach my destination .
There are other types of escaping that my flesh does .
When I realize that my flesh has once again convinced me , there is no other way than .......to use a hiding style ............I think it might be compared to the story of the prodigal son .
He was into indulging his flesh . One or two nights on the town seemed far more important to him than the security and love his father's house offered him .
I keep wanting to live in the father's house , but not become like the elder brother who does not have a gratitude for what he has .
However , today I am more closely akin to the prodigal son because I have been indulging my flesh . I know that if I do not quit it I will find myself feeding pigs once again .
When I come to myself , I want to come up with some kind of proof that I won't do this again.
Then I want to return to the father.
What I have to accept is the unconditional love of my father.
He knows I can not possibly keep myself from indulging my flesh , myself.

Once again the words Jesus spoke to the disciples , who asked ," who then can be saved ?"
"With man it is impossible , but with God all things are possible" was Jesus' reply.

This to was in reference to an indulger of the flesh. A rich young ruler who wanted to enter the kingdom of God but keep all his possessions.

Thankfully , the Lord Jesus gave the answer .
My word of testimony today : Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment