Monday, March 2, 2009

Before I give my word of testimony today I want to say how grateful I am to others who share their word of testimony. Had it not been for their desire to obey God and give their word of testimony I would not be where I am today.

The first words of testimony are found in the Bible. When I pick up the words of testimony from God's Holy Word I am strengthened . When others share how they have experienced the same strength , how their lives were changed because they did apply God's word to their lives , the help is amplified . Then when I am in a soggy mire that sounds strangely familiar to theirs , I suddenly find steps to help me out of it , and praise the LORD , I am on solid ground once again.

Such is the case today . I must acknowledge some of the people ( not all ) , whose word of testimony has helped me up.

A personal testimony by Sheila Walsh has given me hope . She placed her word of testimony on
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In my opinion the whole book of James has scriptures that I find hard to receive grace to live. I know the grace must be there because James lived them. I think when trying to live God's Word I must be careful to acknowledge the context. Was James saying that in any area I wish to have wisdom I can ask of God ?

That is why Sheila's testimony is such a blessing . She put it to needing wisdom about what speaking engagement's to accept. Early in her career she had been given the most awesome opportunity to speak on television, live. ( I can not do the testimonies justice so please note they can be found in her books Bringing Back the Joy and Life Is Tough But God Is Faithful . ) Just the day before the event she came down with laryngitis . Not just a light case, it literally took her voice away.
As she cried out to God , in her heart , as to why He would allow this to happen , she received the word that I think changed her life , as it has changed millions of others. It reminded me of my own word from God, as it probably will remind you of yours. He told her there were many people out there to tell people about Him. He was looking for people who wanted to know Him.

She took that word to her heart. No, I don't mean she tried to figure out if the people she would be speaking to wanted to know God. She realised she would just be spinning her wheels but not going the direction God wanted her to go, if she herself was not taking the time , to get to know Him.

So when she asks God for wisdom about how to spend her time , she is asking in context of knowing Him , and then trusting where she feels led to go is where He wants her to be.

I am really unhappy that God has changed my work schedule . Not only that, He wants me to move to a different house , ( time is not definite here, I keep saying a year or two , but I think He is saying sooner ) . I hate moving , and I liked my old schedule. So I should wait to talk to Him like someone I know , until I get into a better frame of mind , is what I thought.
Even though I was continuing to pray pretty much as I had always done.
But then because the new schedule leaves some unstructured time , I must ask Him for wisdom about how does He want me to fill that time. That is when Shelia Walsh's testimony came to me and has helped me out of the miry clay that I could of stayed in , for who knows how long.

I remember now, it is more important to Him that I continue my on going relationship with Him than just doing something He wants done. He has plenty of people who will do that. So that means I am back to talking to Him , like someone I know , even though the above mentioned things are going on, plus a few others that I am really unhappy about. It is hard to go ahead and talk to Him and believe that He is still wanting to talk to me , but I know He does because I know He loves me as He does. The words of testimony that I have given to declare His love for me have taken root , and I know He loves me even when I am not happy with His plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment