Friday, March 6, 2009

The Spirit

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

When I open my heart and mind to the Holy Spirit to give me songs of praise , I must also guard that I do not quench the Spirit , or there will be no song. Also I pray to stay aware that I do not grieve the Spirit nor deny the power of the Holy Spirit. God's word tells me that it is possible to lie to the Holy Spirit .

If my most valuable tool I can have in this life is the sword of the Spirit , I think it wise to be mindful of the Spirit .

I almost lied about something the other day.

How be it in my defense and also the person assuring me that I should sign these forms , the forms were confusing . What they said and what the company that was asking me to sign them, wanted to know is probably two different things. However, after praying about it , I called the worker up and said I would not sign the papers . I told her , since I was wanting God's help in this matter , I know it best to do things God's way.

In my past I have lied . Lieing somehow is a kin to unbelief. I won't get what I want , or I might even believe that what God wants , won' t happen , unless I lie, must have been my thoughts.

Today I trust God . There are a few giants out there that do not want what God wants, also. However , when the time is right , I will have the sword of the Spirit in my hand , just like I have His praise in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment